Tonight! December 22 :: Serving instead of Gathering!!!
Tonight, we will be serving together at The Bay Area Rescue Mission in place of our weekly worship gathering.
What will we be doing? Serving, Eating, & Cleaning up after a meal with the hungry, homeless, and recovering. When is our shift? 4-8pm How do I get there? You could either go directly to The BARM (123 McDonald St., Richmond, CA) or meet at St. Paul's Parking lot @ 3pm to carpool. What should I wear? Dress warm as we'll be serving the meal in an outdoor tent. Is this kid-friendly? Absolutely. Contact Darrell with questions or for more information.
Christmas Eve, December 24 :: Serving @ City Team
Join an Open Door Team on Christmas Eve Day as we serve together at City Team in Oakland.
What will we be doing? Serving & Cleaning up after a meal with the hungry, homeless, and recovering. When is our shift? 12:30-2:30pm How do I get there? You could either go directly to City Team (722 Washington St. Oakland, CA) or email Heidi for carpooling options. What should I wear? Dress comfortably. We'll be serving indoors. Is this kid-friendly? Absolutely. Contact Heidi with questions or for more information.
Sunday, December 29 :: Back @ our Gathering...
On the 29th, Jer will be giving his annual "Retrospect" talk in which he will reflect on a year's worth of personal cultivation through relationships & experiences. Don't miss this evening of teaching through story.
New Hire Communication & Year-End Giving
Our elders are committed to resourcing our mission of cultivating followers of Jesus in 2014. Our next step is to expand our paid staff from 1.5 to 2.5.
- 1.5 Staff will equip & mobilize us to become a Worshiping Family.
- 1 Staff will equip & mobilize us to become a Family on Mission.
Here are 3 ways to join together in funding the work that God is calling us to in 2014!
- Seed this next step with a year-end gift. Year-end gifts can be given at our gathering on the 29th and online anytime before December 31.
- Contribute monthly to what God is doing. Start with a set percentage of your annual income or a day or two's wages per month. You can set up your online account here.
- If you are already partnering financially, would you consider increasing your monthly giving by a set percentage or by one day's wages per month?
Open Door's online account number through Dwolla is 812-632-9836