Circles are practice-based, experiential learning forums that are carefully guided from within, have a specific focus, a set lifespan, and a desired outcome. Through these expressions of smaller community, we’re mobilized to join in what God's doing in the places we live, work, and play.
We are taking a break from Circles for the summer, but will return in the fall with a great lineup!
01. Fall Women's Circle
Desired Outcome: This Circle invites women to join together, listen, and hear/experience God's voice through conversation and practice. This Circle is an open/hospitable journey - women, you are welcome to join any or every Tuesday!
Guides: Bekah Polzin and Caitlyn Littrell
Time/Place: Tuesday evenings (10/10-12/5), 7:30-9:00PM at the Polzins in Walnut Creek
Contact/Register: RSVP with Bekah
02. the contemplative journey
Desired Outcome: This Circle will experiment with resting in God's presence, through prayer, listening, surrender, and attention to the ways our hearts, minds, and bodies respond to God's activity around us.
Guides: Jon Woolner, Brenda Ameli, Stan Hasegawa
Time/Place: Wednesday evening (10/11-11/1), 7-8:15PM at the Amelis in Pleasant Hill
Contact/Register: RSVP with Jon Woolner
03. The Neighbor Circle (Front porch parties)
Desired Outcome: This Circle will explore four practices of neighboring in a variety of neighborhoods across the East Bay.
04. Stepping into Faithful Presence (local immersions)
Desired Outcome: This Circle will enter into stories/contexts marked by both pain and hope in our local context in order to equip us to see, immerse, contend, and restore in our everyday spaces.
* This Circle is a series of 4 specific events with content, connection, context provided prior to each of the events. You can join for any or all of the series.
** All events are family friendly.
Guides: Dave Kludt
Friday, October 13: Oakland Ceasefire Walk @ 7PM (info HERE)
Saturday, October 21: AIDS National Memorial Grove @ 9AM (info HERE)
Saturday, November 4: Serving Local Schools with Project Peace @ 9AM (info HERE)
Date TBD: Immigration in our Local Context @ TBD
Contact/Register: RSVP with Dave
Past Circles have convened around:
- The Enneagram & Formation
- Grace & Growth
- Discover: Giving Yourself Away for the Sake of the World
- Navigating Frantic Family Life
- Creating a Thriving Family Culture
- Everyday Influence
- Engaging the Refugee Crisis
- Practicing the Scriptures
- Families in Formation
- The Immigrants' Journey
- Gardening Together
- Following Jesus in Workplace
- Tune: Practices of Worship
- Race in the East Bay
- Embracing Rest: The Pathway to Generosity
- On Being Mom
- Free: Holistic Stewardship
- Unleashing Creativity
- Unpacking Privilege
- Practicing Dad
- Fearfully & Wonderfully Made
- Ballots & Brews
- Pace: Finding a Rhythm & Rule of Life
If you are interested in initiating a Circle of any kind, please contact Dave.